Monday, January 11, 2010

Drawing-A-Day: what a cool idea

So one of my favouite artists on one of my favorite forums, the penny arcade artist's corner, made this inspiring thread. Basically, the idea is that you will draw each day in 2010 working towards a specific goal outside of your normal drawing routine. So, you can't post a drawing for the drawing-a-day challenge that is for something else (school, work ect.) It's for you and only for you so that you can get better as an artist. Beavertron's daily drawing blog can be found here, if you want to see some inspiration.

Here are my goals for the drawing-a-day 2010 challenge:

1. Draw something/do a 3D peice for the challenge every day. At least once a month do an animation to improve.
2. Work ouside of my comfort zone. Try new traditional and digital techniques and draw differnt things.
3. Work on strong poses and strong lines of action. I want to do animations, right?
4. Work on solid drawing. Solid drawing I still struggle with. Make drawings that make sense.
5. Get better at strong value. I still struggle with value a lot.

Here's some stuff I did today, to start off. I haven't used toned paper in a while. Getting out of my comfort zone is hard.


Some boxy monsters. Still in my comfort zone. At least I broke out the toned paper.


Some not very excellent drawings. Bleh poses. I realized I needed to get back to the basics.


I like the top right pose. The others need love. Good practice though!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the boxy monsters, particularly the turtle and the cat.

    ReplyDelete