Thursday, December 1, 2011

COD MW3, second shipped title!

BTW, my second title shipped recently, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3! I worked on the Wii port. I ported two single player levels, "Eye of the Storm" and "Stronghold."

This screenshot is from "Eye of the Storm." Many of the buildings in here I rebuilt entirely in order to meet the strict Wii specs. I rebuilt all of the windows as BSP from the expensive, many polygon models they were before. I also LODed and streamed everything in the map, made new materials and a few new textures. I found a video online that someone else took of the Wii playthrough of this level. This 15 minutes or so of gameplay was about 3-4 months worth of work. I was the sole builder for the Wii port for this level.





The other level I did worldbuilding for was "Stronghold." This level I was the primary builder for, but not the sole builder. For the first three weeks of building in order to get it in memory I had a lot of help from my coworker Eric Dyer. I was the person who finished the level for the last 4 weeks though and got it to the AAA level of quality.


No comments:

Post a Comment